Friday, September 30, 2011

Practice Notes for October 2

Hey Choir,

Happy Friday to everyone....sorry I'm a little late with the update this week...been quite a busy one!  A couple of reminders for you:

1.  We are singing Hands of the Healer, THIS SUNDAY IN EARLY SERVICE....please be in the loft around 8:10 to rehearse.

2.  We still have copies of the "Celebrate the Day" cd's for your pick-up.  If you haven't yet grabbed one, make sure you do so Sunday evening!

Here's what you'll need for practice:

Hail to the King - Anthem


Celebrate the Day - Christmas Musical (He Has Come For Us, What Child Is This)

See you all Sunday morning!  Here's our devotional thought for this week:

Grace
I don't know about you, but I often forget about the extreme grace that the Lord has bestowed upon me.  I mean, I've received the salvation that He has to offer, but in my day-to-day life I often don't reflect on His mercy toward me.  Instead, I get caught up in all of the things that I have to do, things that I tend to believe make me more spiritual or holy or righteous.  Those are all good things, but they pale in comparison to the righteousness that comes upon me because of the grace and mercy of Jesus.  He loved us so much even though we don't deserve His love.  His grace truly is amazing.

Lord, thank You for Your grace and thank You for Your mercy.  Help us to always remember what You have done for us and how much You love us.

"For by grace are you saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift - not from works, so that no one can boast."  Ephesians 2:8-9


"Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve." - Anonymous


Have a great weekend!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment