Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Practice Notes for November 20

Hey Choir,

Remember that we do not have choir this coming Sunday morning during our combined worship time, and we also do not have practice Sunday evening.  On Sunday evening we will be at the community Thanksgiving service at Cumberland Presbyterian Church.  Remember we are having a community choir which will meet at 4:45 PM with the service to follow at 6:00 PM.

Also remember that there is no choir practice on Sunday night of November 27th or December 4th due to the holidays and Joyful Sounds presentation.

We will practice from 4:00 - 6:00 on Sunday night December 11th and also from 10:00 - 12:00 on Saturday, December 17th.

Wow the holidays are moving fast....I can't believe that November is halfway over!  Wow!  Have a great week and we'll see ya Sunday morning.  Here's our devotional thought for the week!

Shall Not Perish
When I was 6 years old I made the best decision of my life, but it wasn't until later in my life around 17 or 18 that I truly understood the significance of that decision.  I had been studying the Bible and came to the realization that there was a God who loved me.  In fact, He loved me so much that He left heaven and lowered Himself to live as a man so that He could live a perfectly sinless life and then die a horrible death on a cross to pay the price for the bad things I have done.  Once I came to the realization that I could know this God personally, I jumped at the chance.  I asked Him to forgive me of my sins and to become the Lord of my life.

Lord, thank You for dying on a cross for me.  I love you!

"For God so loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16


"And now let me address all of you, high and low, rich and poor, one with another, to accept the mercy and grace while it is offered to you.  Now is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation." - George Whitefield


Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment